2 weeks Govt mulls easing health workers’ deployment ban Manilatimes
PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte will reconsider a recommendation to relax the overseas deployment ban on Filipino health workers, his spokesman said. In a virtual press briefing, Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. said the proposal to allow nurses with valid contracts as of August 28 had been discussed by the government’s task force against the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). But Roque said the final decision was left to the President since it was he who told the task force that nurses should stay in the country as part of the “reserve force” should the Covid-19 pandemic worsen. Earlier this month, Roque ... more